The RSM Unit within the Development Bank of Turkey is now asking for a simple expression of interest from potential Beneficiaries in participating in the RSM for exploratory drilling. The expression of interest only needs to state the name and contact person of the company, the potential area and number of wells planned.
A more detailed description of the data that will be requested as part of the RSM Application will be provided at the application workshop. To qualify for RSM Program participation, eligible Beneficiaries will in general need to fulfill the following qualification criteria:
- Hold a valid exploration license.
- Have finished surface exploration, including geological-, geophysical- and geochemical exploration.
- If wells are already available, provide the information from the wells.
- Have constructed initial Conceptual Model (simple or extensive)
- Have selected drilling targets and well design.
- Have prepared a business model.
As environmentally sustainable geothermal utilization is one of the key objectives of future geothermal development, expected CO2 emissions from successful wells need to be below 583 g/kWh.
Expression of interests shall be sent through the “prerequest application” tab.
 In the case where only very short term flowtesting (couple of days) reveals higher CO2 output, it has to be estimated how likely it is that such results are representative for the long-term emission. It is known that CO2 output can be very high initially, but often decreases rapidly. Therefore, initial CO2 estimates should be taken provisionally, unless long term (few weeks) flowtesting is possible.